2013 Exhibitor Information
You have 3 ways to submit application and pay for your booth
- Online Application and Payment: Submit your application, photos and payment online: Online Registration
- Online Application and mail a check: Submit your application and photos online, pay with a check mailed to GPNA. Online Registration
- Download the information and application. Mail application, photos, and check. GPNA Application
If you have questions email or call: firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-241-2443
I look forward to seeing everyone on September 7, 2013. Kathleen Woudstra, GPNA Volunteer Executive Director
New for 2013:
GPNA Arts and Craft Fliers: This year we will provide fliers to exhibitors that are willing to have these fliers at their booths during other Craft Shows. Please indicate on your application how many fliers you would like mailed to you.
Barbecue Cook Off: We are working hard to add a Barbecue Cook Off to our Arts and Craft Fair, this Cook Off had been held at a different location and drew thousands of visitors. This is one of the ways we are trying to increase the crowds at the show. The Cook Off will be held on the Tennis Courts and will not interfere with the Arts and Craft Show.
Location: Garfield Park is one mile east of US-131 on Burton SE in Grand Rapids
Fair Time: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 9:00am to 4:00pm. The Fair takes place rain or shine! Exhibitors must make provisions for any adverse weather conditions.
Set-up Time: 6:00am to 8:45am. The city of Grand Rapids prohibits entry into the park before 6:00 am.
Silent Auction: We are again asking our exhibitors to donate an item to our Silent Auction.
GPNA Website: We will post your pictures, email address, websites, and description of your items to our website. Many visitors viewed this site to find exhibitors and products they are interested in.
Coffee/Donuts: As always we will be providing complementary coffee and donuts the morning of the Craft Fair.
- Early Bird Special: We are giving a discount of $10 to all vendors whose application is received prior to April 30, 2013. Subtract $10 from the pricing listed below. After April 30 the price will be the same as listed below.
- Late Fee: There will be a $10 late fee added on all applications received After August 15, 2013.
- Refer a new vendor bonus. If you recommend GPNA Arts & Craft Fair to another vendor and they register for the Fair, you will receive a $25 rebate from GPNA.
- Eligibility rules:
- You notify GPNA my phone or email that you recommended GPNA's fair to a vendor and that they plan on signing up.
- The new vendor was not in the 2011 or 2012 show
- The new vendor signs up for the fair.
- Regular Booths: $135 each
- Corner Booths: $145 each; a limited number of corner booths are available. A $10.00 refund check will be sent with the August mailing if the corner booth you requested is not available.
- Two Standard Booths: $210
- Two Corner Booths: $230
- Food Coupon: Each vendor will receive a $10.00 food coupon on the day of the show.
The GPNA’s Arts & Crafts Fair is held in Grand Rapids historic Garfield Park on the first Saturday after Labor Day. We feature an outstanding selection of: arts, crafts, fine arts, and handmade wares. The fair also has food booths; children craft booths, and fun family-friendly areas. To participate in this year’s GPNA Arts & Crafts Fair, please read and return your application to GPNA. Or fill out the online application and use PayPal or credit card. You have nothing to send in the mail.
If you have any questions, please call us at 616-241-2443.
Merchandise: Only fine arts, fine crafts, and handmade items will be accepted. All work must be original and of excellent quality. GPNA reserves the right to prohibit any exhibitor found in violation of this rule from participating in next year’s fair. Please report any infractions you see as early in the day possible to a GPNA volunteer. If we know about it early enough, they will be shut dowand banned from future fairsn
NOTE: The GPNA has been working to ensure there are no buy-sell items at the show. Due to past infractions, volunteers will be designated to perform random booth checks. Any exhibitor found selling buy-sell items will be asked to leave and banned from future fairs. This effort is to maintain the high quality of the show and fulfill expectations of both exhibitors and buyers!
Selection Process: GPNA require photos of exhibitors’ work. One or two photos are sufficient and will be posted to our website. These photographs will not be returned. Acceptance to the fair will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Preference will be given to returning exhibitors until April 15, 2011, after which all applications will be considered equally.
Sale and Display: Exhibitors must provide their own tables, chairs, tents, etc. and maintain an attractive display. Any awnings, umbrellas, racks, etc. must be securely and safely placed within the confines of the booth space. Unused boxes or any other storage materials must be maintained in the booth space, not in the walking aisles.
Booth Size and Layout: Each booth is approximately 12 by 12 feet. A regular booth offers a 12 foot selling exposure across the front. A corner booth offers 12 feet at the front and 12 feet along one side. Some booths in the shady area (booths 1-35) may be
Cancellations: Written requests for refunds due to cancellation will be honored, less a $50.00 handling fee, until August 1, 2012. After this date, no refunds will be given.
Vehicle and Parking Policies: Most booths (but not all) allow parking behind the booth. These cars may not be moved between 8:45am and 4:00pm. Additional parking is available on the park grass to the far south of the park. This is only available if there has been dry weather prior to the event.
Exhibitors will be allowed one vehicle parked behind their booth (where allowed). We will not be issuing parking passes.
- If you provide an email address we will send you a confirmation notice within one month of receiving your application.
- If you do not provide an email address your canceled check is your confirmation of acceptance until the first of July, 2013. At this time we will send out a letter with your booth assignments and other information.
- Another way to verify that you have been accepted into the show is to check our website. We will be posting the list of vendors as they are accepted into the show.
Noise Control: Generators, music players, etc. If you have a product creating a lot of noise during the day, please note this on the application and we will ensure that you are in a location that will be less bothersome to neighboring exhibits.
Sales Tax: Exhibitors are responsible for paying any state sales tax that they may owe. A list of Fair participants is sent to the State of Michigan.
Disclaimer: GPNA is not responsible for any theft, loss, damage, or personal injury. Any injuries should be reported to a Fair Volunteer.
Special Requests: GPNA makes every effort to accommodate all requests for specific booths, shady locations, etc. Although we work extremely hard to honor all requests we cannot guarantee them. If you have special needs or concerns list them on your application.
For example, handicapped parking issues or the placement of generators are more easily accommodated at application time than the morning of the Fair.
Other Information: Pets, alcoholic beverages, or illegal drugs are not allowed in the park. Violators will be removed from the Fair and will forfeit all privileges and fees.
Food Vendors: If you are a food vendor use the Food Booth Application found on our website or contact the GPNA for an application.