What We Do
- YOU MUST BE A GPNA RESIDENT. Proof of residency is required. Please do not share this event with folks who do not live in GPNA. The neighborhood boundaries are Eastern to 131, 28th St to Cottage Grove
- Please, no U-Hauls or moving trucks!
- THERE IS ONE WAY TRAFFIC: Instructions will be added when a date and time have been secured. Sometimes there is a really long line. Thanks in advance for your patience!
- YOU MUST CHECK IN: Stay in your car and GPNA volunteers will ask for proof of residency and sign you in.
- No televisions, computer monitors, or other electronic devices.
- No yard waste allowed: no sod, broken concrete, wood, or asphalt.
- No hazardous materials such as tires, oil, gas, paint, hot ashes or acid.
- No major appliances. Nothing with freon.
- Please visit the Kent County Recycling website ReimagineTrash.org to find where you can dump these items.
- We are only provided a certain number of dumpsters. Sometimes there is a long wait. Be patient. Be kind.
- Arrive early to ensure you get to dump your items.
- Have your ID/Proof of residency ready!
- Financial donations to support GPNA are welcome, but not required.
More Annual Events
National Night Out
The cost to rent the lodge for members is $40 + $100 refundable security deposit. Non-members may purchase a membership for $25 and then rent for $40 + $100 refundable security deposit. Memberships are good for one year.
The lodge amenities include a public bathroom, two trash cans, five medium tables, some additional folding tables, and about 25 chairs available for use. The lodge seats about 30 people comfortably. There are no refrigerators, stoves, microwaves or other appliances available. Any trash that overflows the city bin must be carried away by the renters in order to get full return of deposit.
The lodge rents very quickly on weekends, especially during graduation season. The lodge is not available on Sundays until 2:00 PM. All guests must depart by 9PM on weekdays and 11PM on weekends
Request To Use The GPNA Lodge
To rent the lodge or inquire about availability, please fill out the form below. If you are interested in renting the gymnasium, pavilion or other area of the park, this must be done through Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation: 616-456-3696.